Which hair loss vitamins will help women with thinning hair or hair loss?
Women’s hair loss vitamins do need to be a bit different then men because of the body’s hormones and menstrual cycles.
Women with hair loss or thinning hair have many causes witch include several factors like,
- Stress: It has been scientifically proven that women are more concerned about how others perceive them and has caused stress.
- Lack of iron: blood is the catalyst for nutrients to the hair follicle and the menstrual cycle can remove the main source of iron from the female body.
- Thyroid: Menopausal women experience hair loss cause by the thyroid.
A deficiency in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B1, iron will certainly cause thinning hair and hair loss.
1. Vitamin A affects hair loss in women indirectly as it is needed to produce sebum (Scalp oil), which protects the hair from becoming dry. A dry scalp often is the cause of dandruff and in most cases leads to a thick scalp causing thinning hair and hair loss.
* Eating foods like Mangos, Oranges, Carrots, Sweet potato, Squash and yucky old liver.
2. Vitamin C is an antioxidant and helps to make skin and hair healthy by aiding with the body’s metabolism by converting fat and carbohydrates into energy. Vitamin C can also prevent hair breakage and split ends because it helps in the development of healthy collagen that binds tissues together.
* Eating foods like any citrus fruits, strawberries, pineapple, tomatoes, green peppers, potatoes and most dark green vegetables will ensure you get vitamin C but you need a daily dose of 60 mg for good healthy, shinny hair.
3. Vitamin B1 or Thiamine actually makes the hair healthy because aids in protein building as the hair itself are made of protein. A lack of B1 in your diet can certainly cause thinning hair and then hair loss. Other vitamin B complexes like B5 and B6, and let’s not forget vitamin E for increased circulation. All play an important role if female hair health and female pattern baldness. Women like volume and shine and you have to have healthy hair to get this kind of look.
* Eating foods like fish or any seafood, poultry and meats, beans and peas, Potatoes, ready to eat cereals, Bananas, Oatmeal, eggs will provide you with women hair loss vitamins.
4. Iron is actually a mineral but it is very important for women because of the role it plays in the blood. Iron role in the blood is the help with the production of both hemoglobin (the substance that carries oxygen within the red blood cells) and Myoglobin. Myoglobin is a form of hemoglobin found in the muscle tissues. Iron is also involved in the oxygenation process of our body’s red blood cells. The menstrual cycle will clearly affect the amount of iron in the blood stream and is often recommended by doctors for women as an extra daily supplement.
* Eating foods like broccoli, asparagus, spinach and other leafy vegetables, also lean red meat, liver, poultry, Oysters, tuna, Iron-fortified cereals, whole grains, dried beans, dried fruit, wheat, millet, oats, brown rice, Lima beans, soy beans, dried beans, kidney beans, almonds, Brazil nuts, prunes, raisins, apricots, dried peas, eggs.
5. Horse tail (Silica) is a non-flowering, fern-like plant used to treat many different issues including heavy menstruation. Herbalists have also recommended horsetail for osteoporosis, gout, rheumatism, arthritis, joint pain and hair loss. This has to be mainly taken, as a supplement as to get it naturally would mean grazing on it in the fields’ lol.
6. Biotin, which is also known as vitamin H or B7, is found in many foods naturally but in a very low dose. Pregnant women often have reduced biotin because of an increase of 3-hydroxyisovaleric acid which is a normal human metabolite an it reduces the body’s level of biotin.
* Eating foods like, liver, soybeans, Swiss chard, legume, carrots, tomatoes, and romaine lettuce.
There are literally hundreds of female hair loss products on the market today that promise to prevent hair loss and thinning hair but you need a proven hair loss product that has all the required women hair loss vitamins and nutrients.