Understanding female hair loss and it’s true causes has been a universal problem experienced by women the world over. The exact underlying pathology behind most patterns of hair loss is not defined. Like the male pattern of baldness the female pattern also is very much evident.
A variety of causes can be behind this cosmetic defect including
- SYSTEMIC AND METABOLIC DISORDERS
- GENETIC PREDISPOSITION
- LIFESTYLE and HABITS
- SYSTEMIC AND METABOLIC DISORDERS:
- High fever, severe infection, severe flu
Sometimes one to three months after a high fever, severe VIRAL infection or flu, a person may experience hair loss, this is usually a temporary self limiting condition.
- Hyperthyroidism and Hypothyroidism
Both increase and decrease in thyroid hormone levels can result in hair loss. This is corrective post surgery or after medical treatment for attainment of a euthyroid state.
- Chronic ailments
Severe prolonged ailments can result in hair loss which is sometimes reversed upon recovery.
This is caused by an autoimmune reaction to hair follicles as if they were antibodies and shutting them down. The hair loss is usually limited to a coin sized area and all the hair in the area is lost leaving a totally smooth round patch.
In a more severe rarer condition called Alopecia Totalis, all hair on the entire body is lost, including the eyelashes. Treatments include topical medications, a special kind of light treatment, or in some cases drugs
- GENETIC PREDISPOSITION
Genetics do play a role in instigating as well initiating hair loss. It is an important cause and has to be ruled out before beginning treatment.
Certain kinds of people are more prone to developing hair loss than others. People who have continuous stress are more a victim of this than others. Diet that is deficient in vitamin A and Zinc is an important cause as well as personal habits like over use of scrunchies and hair products.
Stop hair loss and obtain the best hair loss treatments for women!
Article Source: EzineArticles.com expert -Caven Wong.
Facts About of Thinning Hair and Female Pattern Baldness
• The average person has 100,000 – 150,000 hairs on their head
• One hair fiber can support the weight of 100 grams
• The main component of hair is the keratin, which also holds the responsibility for the elasticity of the finger nails
• Hair is the second fastest growing tissue in the body (bone marrow is quicker). A hair grows 0.3-0.5 mm per day
• In any given time, about 10% of the hairs are resting and the rest are growing
• Everyone loses more than 40% of his/her hairs – about 100 hairs a day
• Thinning hair will be visible only after losing more than 50% of hair
• More than 50% of men above the age of 50 suffer from thinning hair
• Between a third and two thirds of all women experience thinning hair or thinning hair at some stage in their life.
• The most common forms of thinning hair in women are Effluviums (all over thinning of hair)
• Common reasons for thinning hair include: postnatal, menopause, HRT, The Pill, stress, diet and trauma.
• Great looking hair makes you feel good – it also attracts the attention of the opposite sex.
• It is part of our personality.
• Hair gives us key information about someone’s health. Healthy hair tends to mean a healthy person.
The most popular product for women with thinning hair or hair loss is Provillus for women. This product is Proven to stop hair loss and comes with a topical solution or you can use just the Provillus for women pills to help jump start the hair follicle into regrowing or becoming thicker.