It’s a depressing feeling when you are in bus stop next to a man your age with full healthy hair. You’ve tried everything, from using the latest wonder shampoo to having medical treatments. You just don’t know what else you can do so why not try these hair growth ideas.
Home remedies are often laughed at being old wives’ tale but the fact that people have been using them for centuries must mean that something must be true in there. Here are a few home remedies that you could try.
1. A Rosemary concoction. Rosemary is known to have a cleansing and soothing effect on the body. It has been used since the olden times to promote hair growth. Take a few sprigs of rosemary and boil it in water for a few minutes. Let it cool down and wash your hair and scalp. Leave it for 5 to 10 minutes and wash off then dry.
2. Aloe Vera massage. Used by the Egyptians as moisturizers, women over the centuries have been using this to clean the scalp and add moisture to it. You can cut off a piece of aloe from the plant itself and squeeze it directly to your scalp. Leave for 5 to 10 minutes. Raw aloe vera is slimy so be sure to wash it after. It also has thorns so be careful when handling the aloe stalk.
3. Oil essences. The Greeks have been using olive oil to make their hair shiny and smooth. They also massage their scalp with olive oil. Olive oil is a known antiseptic and it cleans the scalp, encouraging hair to grow uninterrupted. You can also add rosemary and lemon grass to the olive oil by immersing them for 2 to 4 weeks. An alternative is coconut virgin oil which has the same antiseptic and moisturizing quality of olive oil.
4. Mayonnaise. It may seem strange but mayonnaise is a popular remedy for hair loss and one of the most popular hair growth ideas. The egg yolk and oil in the mayonnaise has intense moisturizing effect on the scalp and hair. It is best to do this in the evening. Smooth mayonnaise on the hair and on the roots of the hair. Wrap your hair in a shower cap and leave overnight. In the morning, you can wash it off. If you feel uncomfortable sleeping with mayonnaise on your hair, you can wash it off after a few hours.
5. Water. Drink lots of it. Water has wonderful hydrating effects on the body as well as on the scalp. Both a home remedy and a medical fact, drinking eight to ten glasses a day can provide much needed moisture to your hair, encouraging hair growth.
You can stop hair loss, prevent it and regrow hair if you buy the best hair loss treatments today and save yourself a lot of time but these Hair Growth Ideas will work if you wait long enough.